This gorgeous warm winter salad is a treat for your tastebuds! Rich Glen’s Pomegranate Reduction adds a unique sweetness along side the earthy flavours of beetroot and bacon, and the pop of juicy fresh pomegranate seeds… this one is sure to be your new winter favourite, full of flavour & a lovely addition to any roasted meat, on its own, or remove the bacon and it’s a vegan-lovers delight!
Recipe by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 4 medium size fresh beetroots
- 1-2 pomegranates
- 4 rashes of bacon (optional – can omit if opting for a vegan version)
- 2 tbsp RG Pomegranate Reduction (for beetroots)
- 1 tbsp RG Pomegranate Reduction (for bacon)
- Large handful RG sourdough crisps, available in our Provedore
- 1 tbsp RG signature extra virgin olive oil (for sourdough crisps)
- 1 tbsp RG signature extra virgin olive oil (for beetroots)
- Few stems of parsley – roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs mint – roughly chopped
- Pinch salt (for seasoning beetroots)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside
- Cut and deseed pomegranate and set aside (you can use 1-2 pomegranates, depending on your desired sweetness)
- Peel the beetroots and cut into large chunks and place on the baking tray. Be sure to leave good space around them so they roast perfectly without going soggy.
- Drizzle beetroots with pomegranate reduction and olive oil and toss to coat them evenly.
- Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes – making sure to check them and stir them every 15 minutes.
- While beetroots are roasting, slice bacon into thin strips and place in a pan on a medium heat.
- Drizzle bacon with pomegranate reduction and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and caramelised – then set aside.
- Take a large handful of the sourdough crisps and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and parsley and toss to coat – then set aside.
- Once beetroot is cooked, place in a large serving bowl.
- Top with bacon, pomegranates, sourdough crisps and mint – then serve and enjoy!