Beetroot, Pomegranate & Bacon Salad
This gorgeous warm winter salad is a treat for your tastebuds! Rich Glen’s Pomegranate Reduction adds a unique sweetness along side the earthy flavours of beetroot and bacon, and the pop of juicy fresh pomegranate seeds … this one is sure to be your new winter favourite, full of flavour & a lovely addition to any roasted meat … on its own … or remove the bacon and it’s a vegan-lovers delight!
Recipe by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 4 medium size fresh beetroots
- 1-2 pomegranates
- 4 rashes of bacon (optional – can omit if opting for a vegan version)
- 2 tbsp RG Pomegranate Reduction (for beetroots)
- 1 tbsp RG Pomegranate Reduction (for bacon)
- Large handful RG sourdough crisps, available in our Provedore
- 1 tbsp RG signature extra virgin olive oil (for sourdough crisps)
- 1 tbsp RG signature extra virgin olive oil (for beetroots)
- Few stems of parsley – roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs mint – roughly chopped
- Pinch salt (for seasoning beetroots)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Line a tray with baking paper and set aside
- Cut and deseed pomegranate and set aside (you can use 1-2 pomegranates, depending on your desired sweetness)
- Peel the beetroots and cut into large chunks and place on the baking tray. Be sure to leave good space around them so they roast perfectly without going soggy.
- Drizzle beetroots with pomegranate reduction and olive oil and toss to coat them evenly.
- Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes – making sure to check them and stir them every 15 minutes.
- While beetroots are roasting, slice bacon into thin strips and place in a pan on a medium heat.
- Drizzle bacon with pomegranate reduction and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and caramelised – then set aside.
- Take a large handful of the sourdough crisps and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and parsley and toss to coat – then set aside.
- Once beetroot is cooked, place in a large serving bowl.
- Top with bacon, pomegranates, sourdough crisps and mint – then serve and enjoy!