If you love sweet potatoes, you have to try this easy recipe! Crunchy on the outside and soft and irresistible on the inside. Also suitable for our vegan and dairy free friends, yay!
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 4 small to medium sweet potatoes, skin left on
- Rich Glen Signature extra virgin olive oil, to brush on potatoes
- Rich Glen River Salt, to season
- 120g spinach leaves
- 120g rocket leaves
- ½ Bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves only, cut off stems
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup Rich Glen Yarrawonga Splash Vinaigrette
- 1 Small cos lettuce, thinly sliced
- ½ White cabbage, thinly sliced
- 120g rocket leaves,
- 2 Celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 3 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ Bunch fresh dill
- Rich Glen Bush Tucker Dukkah
- Preheat the oven to 200°C degrees celsius.
- Using a fork, prick all sides of the sweet potatoes.
- In a large bowl, add 2-3 cm of water, then place the sweet potatoes into the bowl.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, remove, turn the potatoes over, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender but slightly firm in the middle.
- Place the potatoes onto a lined baking tray, brush with Rich Glen extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with Rich Glen River Salt, and put them into the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until they are cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put all the dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the green slaw ingredients and pour the dressing over them, mixing well until everything is combined.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and cut diamond shapes into the top of each one, being cautious as they will still be hot.
- To serve, place each sweet potato onto a plate, add a generous amount of green slaw, garnish with extra dill, sprinkle Rich Glen Bush Tucker Dukkah over them, enjoy!