Walnut & Pomegranate Persian Love Cake
Have you had a Persian love cake before? 💕 This walnut & pomegranate Syrup Persian love cake is full of delicious walnuts and rich, fluffy texture thanks to the olive oil and pomegranate syrup. Topped with my favorite flight mascarpone frosting. It's one to pull out at your next dinner party!
Recipe by Hoda Alzubaidi
- 4 Large eggs
- 200g Sugar
- 45ml Pomegranate Balsamic
- 75ml buttermilk
- 100g Walnuts finely chopped
- 130g All purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 200g Mascarpone cream
- 300g Heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp caster sugar
- Whisk the eggs until foamy and doubled in size, this can take 5 minutes. Slowly pour in the sugar while the mixer is on until well combined.
- Pour in the pomegranate balsamic, extra virgin olive oil and buttermilk.
- In a food processor blitz the walnut to a fine texture. Fold through the chopped walnuts, flour, baking powder and sea salt until well combined and streak free.
- Pour it into a 23cm cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes at 175 C fan assisted.
- For the frosting mix heavy cream, mascarpone and sugar together until soft peaks. Frost cake once completely cooled. Top with crushed walnuts and pomegranate seeds.