Colourful and flavourful, this veggie paella is the perfect dish for dinner parties since it’s vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
1. Combine Stock and Water in a medium stainless-steel saucepan, bring to the boil. Remove from heat, stir in Saffron.
2. Heat EVOO in a large frying pan. Cook Tomato, Capsicum, Onion, Garlic and Paprika, stirring, until onion softens.
3. Add Mushrooms, cook, stirring a minute or so until mushrooms have softened.
4. Stir in Rice and stock mixture, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle Peas, Beans, and Zucchini evenly over the surface of rice. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
6. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes, stir in fresh Herbs.
7. Serve drizzled with lashings of our gold medal award-winning Kalamata EVOO, a squeeze of lime, and fresh cracked pepper.
If you are looking at this recipe on a mobile device in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock, Gluten Free brand
- 2 cups Water
- 1 pinch Saffron threads
- 2 Tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 Red Capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 200 gm Mushrooms
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 200 gm Green Beans, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup frozen Peas, thawed
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped flat-leaf Parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped Coriander
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped Mint
- Drizzle of RG Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Lime
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste