November 04, 2019
Colourful and flavourful, this veggie paella is the perfect dish for dinner parties since it’s vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.Serves: 6
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock, Gluten Free brand
- 2 cups Water
- 1 pinch Saffron threads
- 2 Tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 Red Capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 200 gm Mushrooms
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 200 gm Green Beans, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup frozen Peas, thawed
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped flat-leaf Parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped Coriander
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped Mint
- Drizzle of Yarrawonga Kalamata Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil(EVOO)
- 1 Lime
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Combine Stock and Water in a medium stainless-steel saucepan, bring to the boil. Remove from heat, stir in Saffron.
- Heat EVOO in a large frying pan. Cook Tomato, Capsicum, Onion, Garlic and Paprika, stirring, until onion softens.
- Add Mushrooms, cook, stirring a minute or so until mushrooms have softened.
- Stir in Rice and stock mixture, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle Peas, Beans, and Zucchini evenly over the surface of rice. Simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes, stir in fresh Herbs.
- Serve drizzled with lashings of our gold medal award-winning Kalamata EVOO, a squeeze of lime, and fresh cracked pepper.