Indulge in this rich and creamy homemade ice cream. We have used our Signature olive oil to create this yummy Vanilla Ice Cream, get creative with our range of Infused Olive oils, like our Orange Citrus Zest to create the perfect flavour.
We have used a Thermo Mix, a hand mixer will also work!
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek.
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Murray River Salt Flakes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Signature extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can condensed milk
- In the thermo mix, combine 2 cups of thickened cream, 1/2 teaspoon of salt flakes, and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence. Mix the ingredients in the thermo mix for 1 minute until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened.
- Pour the creamy mixture into a mixing bowl and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and the entire can of condensed milk. Mix in the Thermo mix together until well combined.
- Gently fold the olive oil and condensed milk mixture into the cream mixture. Use a whisk or spatula to ensure even distribution.
- Transfer the combined mixture into a freezer-safe bowl or container. Place the bowl in the freezer and let the ice cream set for at least 2 hours. You can also leave it overnight for a firmer texture.
- Once the olive oil ice cream has set, scoop it into bowls or cones. Optional, drizzle a little extra olive oil on top before serving for a luxurious touch. Yum!