Pork & Fennel Sausage Rolls
I'm not a lover of sausages but when my husband makes pork and fennel ones, we all devour them… The meat mince mixture tastes amazing wrapped up like a sausage roll too.
Enjoy these as a spring Sunday lunch. The kids even eat them cold for breakfast!
500g premium pork mince
1 onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fennel seeds, roasted in the oven and ground up in a blender
A handful of fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Murray River salt flakes
Large pinch cracked black pepper
6 sheets, reduced-fat puff pastry
½ cup full cream How Now milk
Fennel or sesame seeds, to garnish
Rich Glen Nana's tomato relish to serve
- Mix together the mince, onion, mustard, fennel seeds, thyme, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Lay the 6 sheets of pastry out onto your bench, cut in half, leaving on the plastic and divide the meat mixture along the long edge of the pastry into logs.
- Make an egg wash by mixing the egg yolks and mil with a fork in a small bowl.
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 190C.
- Brush the sides of the pastry with the egg wash and roll the pastry over the mince to enclose it. and stick by pressing the pastry together. Roll the sausage rolls over so the seam edge is underneath and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces and space evenly on the tray. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with the seed
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes and serve with RG Nana's Relish and enjoy!