Treat yourself to the amazing flavours of our Orange & Choc Hazelnut Slice! This no-bake treat combines the natural sweetness of dates, the nutty goodness of hazelnut butter, and a touch of maple syrup, creating a smooth and heavenly base. Super easy, and so delicious!
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 12 Medjool Dates
- ½ Cup Hazelnut Butter
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Hazelnuts, Roasted
- ½ Cup Macadamias, Roasted
- 1 Tsp Cacao Powder
- ¾ Cup Rolled Oats
- Pinch of RG Salt
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 1-2 tsp Rich Glen Orange Citrus Zest Infused Olive Oil
- Handful Hazelnuts, chopped, to sprinkle on top
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add the dates, hazelnut butter and maple syrup to a food processor and blend until you reach a smooth texture.
- Add in the remaining base ingredients and blend until the mixture comes together and is a little sticky.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin and press down firmly to pack it in and smooth the top.
- Place into the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- When the base is set, make a double boiler, and add the dark chocolate and Rich Glen Orange Citrus zest Infused Olive Oil and stir until chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the base and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts.
- Return slice to the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Once set, slice into pieces, and ENJOY.