These cookies are a breeze to whip up, and the flavours are simply delicious! Think of smooth, rich dark chocolate, the satisfying crunch of creamy hazelnuts, and a subtle hint of zesty orange. They won't last long!
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 1/2 cup smooth, runny peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter (if you don't have hazelnut butter, you can use any nut butter or peanut butter again)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons Rich Glen Orange Citrus Zest Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 100g dark chocolate
- Finely chopped hazelnuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a tray with baking paper and set it aside.
- In a food processor, add the nut butters, dates, Rich Glen Orange Citrus Zest Olive Oil, and vanilla. Blend until smooth with no clumps.
- Add the egg and pulse until combined.
- Using about 1 tablespoon of dough for each, roll it into balls and place them on the lined baking tray.
- Using a fork, gently press down on each ball to flatten and create a crosshatch pattern on the top.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook!
- Once they are cooked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler or a microwave-safe bowl. Then, stir in 2 tablespoons of Rich Glen Orange Citrus Zest Olive Oil.
- Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate for a delectable finish.