Chicken, pomegranate & haloumi salad
Chicken, pomegranate and haloumi salad with orange poppy seed dressing.
This salad is direct from Heaven!
- 200g haloumi, sliced
- RG Signature Olive Oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 chicken breast, lightl olive oiled and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp RG Bush Tucker Dukkah, plus extra to sprinkle
- 200g Cooked mixed greens, I like barley, black rice or quinoa
- 2 cups chopped celery
- Baby salad leaves
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 pomegranates (seeds)
- 1 orange, segmented
- RG Poppy's Favourite Dressing
- RG Blood Orange Fig Dressing
- In a non-stick frying pan cook the sliced chicken fillet, remove from pan and set aside. Add a little more olive oil and slightly brown the haloumi.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the mixed grains, celery, salad leaves and orange slices. Gently toss through the halloumi, chicken and a handful of dukkah, ½ the pomegranate seeds and the avocado. Pour a lashing of RG Poppy’s Favourite and RG Blood Orange Fig dressing over the salad and finish with pomegranates, orange segments and dukkah.