Roasted veggies just make the best salads! Super yum, and deliciously healthy. This recipe makes an easy Christmas salad recipe, the whole family will adore!
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
2 Medium to large size sweet potatoes, chopped into small cubes
1 Red Capsicum, chopped into small cubes
½ Bunch Basil, roughly chopped
2-3 Large handfuls rocket leaves
½ Cup Feta, Crumbled
½ Red Onion, diced
½ Cup Toasted pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a tray with baking paper and set it aside.
- Chop sweet potato, red capsicum, and red onion into small cubes and place them on the prepared baking tray (you may need two trays to keep the veggies spaced out). Spray them with Rich Glen Olive Oil Spray, sprinkle with River Salt, and toss to coat.
- Place them in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender yet slightly crispy on the edges.
- While the vegetables are cooking, add the sunflower and pepita seeds to a heated pan with a drizzle of Rich Glen Early Harvest Olive Oil and a sprinkle of Rich Glen River Salt flakes. Toast them until they are lightly golden, then set them aside to cool.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- To assemble the salad, start by using a large bowl. Add the rocket and 1-2 tablespoons of Rich Glen Early Harvest Olive Oil along with a sprinkle of Rich Glen River Salt to season. Massage the oil into the rocket to combine, and then set it aside.
- In another large bowl, add the cooked veggies, feta, and toasted seeds. Lightly toss them until they are combined.
- On individual serving plates, divide the rocket leaves as the base of the salad, and then add the veggies on top.
- Finally, drizzle a generous amount of Rich Glen Sticky Balsamic.