Lemon season, you can make your own curd or we have our luscious homemade curd for sale in our Provedore fridge.
Enjoy a slice of deliciousness!
- 4 fresh egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1 extra tbls sugar
- 1 jar Rich Glen lemon curd 320mL
- fresh cream & berries to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150°C and line a rectangle baking tray with baking paper, spray with Rg extra virgin olive oil spay and set aside.
2. Beat egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, and continue to beat for a further 3-4 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Fold through vinegar and then cornflour
4. Spoon the meringue mixture evenly on the prepared baking tray
5. Sprinkle meringue with flaked almonds and then a sprinkle of sugar
6. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and flip the pavlova with the baking paper over onto a cooling rack or granite bench.( baking paper will be sunny side up) allow to cool slightly and gently pull the paper off.
8. Spread lemon curd onto the plain side of the pavlova. Using the longest side closest to you pull the baking paper up and start to roll the pavlova over quickly and gently to form a log. Roll onto a serving plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
9. Slice into 2cm portions and serve with fresh cream & berries.