How To Store Your Oil
- Air, light and heat affect olive oil, so you should make sure the bottle is properly closed and store it at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
- Olive oil is best stored in a CASK, with a specially lined bladder, just like wine, so no air or light can get in. This is relatively new in the olive industry, but proving the oil does keep fresher for longer.
- Olive oil should always be stored in dark bottles or tins… Try and use this up in about 4 months so you get the best out of the vitamin and antioxidant content.
- Oil stored in the refrigerator will go cloudy and may become solid. If this happens take the oil out of the fridge and store in the pantry. The colour will return to normal.
- An oil’s colour does not indicate quality, this usually indicates variety of olive. We have 6 different varieties of trees, and some result in a very green oil, some buttery yellow, some just golden.