The health benefits of Olive Oil in Australia have long been researched and include:
- Rich source of monounsaturated fats, which may reduce risks of heart and cardiovascular disease.
- Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains a wide variety of valuable antioxidants that are not found in other oils. They may help lower bad cholesterol and maintain the beneficial HDL cholesterol.
- Lowering effect on blood pressure
- Beneficial during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Helps to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes.
- Olive Oil rich diets may lead to greater and long lasting weight loss than a low-fat diet.
- Beneficial for the stomach, pancreas and intestines.
- Helps with anti-ageing, osteoporosis and skin damage.
- May help bolster the immune system.
- Contains a protective element which may assist certain malignant tumours in the breast, prostate, endometrium and digestive tract.
The Best Quality
The extraction of oil from olives is a relatively straightforward process involving only a couple of critical steps. Australian olive oil producers know that if they start with undamaged olives, process them quickly after picking, employ the services of a spotlessly clean mill and don’t strive for excessive extraction, then sound quality olive oil will result.
The AOA Code of Practice, combined with Australian Standards AS 5264-2011 also guarantees the authenticity and quality of the industry
Did you know. . .
It’s a Dietary Goody
When eaten as part of a healthy, well balanced diet, studies have shown that olive oil is a disease fighting, weight maintaining goody in our daily struggle to be a figure of health. Contrary to our nagging fear of consuming oil, Rosalind Vodusek of Rich Glen Olive Oil ensures us that a little bit of this liquid gold really will go a long way.
“Stop withholding the olive oil in the cake batter or insisting on Dressing on the side! It’s all in the name of health! Using olive oil as part of your diet can actually help you to maintain a lower body weight,” says Ros.
A Natural Antioxidant
Packed with nourishing Vitamins E, D, K and A, Olive Oil is a natural antioxidant that is said to assist in preventing cancer, obesity, ageing, high blood pressure, arthritis and skin disease. According to the Food and Drug Administration, consuming about 2 tablespoons of olive oil a day may actually reduce your risk of heart disease.
Good for the Blood Sugar
An olive rich diet is not only a good alternative in the treatment of diabetes, it may also help prevent or delay the onset of the disease by preventing insulin resistance by raising HDL levels (good cholesterol), lowering triglycerides and ensuring better blood sugar level control while lowering blood pressure.
Great for the Immune System
Another superpower of olive oil is that it kindly protects our Immune system against external attacks from nasty microorganisms, Bacteria and viruses. The fatty acids inherent in olive oil are key players in lowering important immunologist parameters.
Helps to keep things moving
And for those sufferers of painful arthritis, The Arthritis Foundation cites that adding olive oil, especially extra virgin, to your diet could help protect you against rheumatoid arthritis.
A Glowing Wonder
Ever wonder why those Mediterranean beauties have such glowing skin, luscious hair and vivacious bods? Studies such as The Lyon Diet Heart Study have shown that the answer is quite simply olive oil.
So next time you cook up a batch of tasty bruschetta or pesto linguine, ditch the guilt and remember these delightful health benefits as you add a dash of Rich Glen Olive Oil to your favourite recipe.
View our recipe ideas on our Recipes page
For more great tips,and to join the conversation, visit Rich Glen Olives on Facebook